Welcome to Performance Shropshires
Dispersal Update # 2 August 20, 2019
The viewing period since a week ago seems to be going well. Over 600 page views from 270+ individuals. Next we are here posting our asking prices for the various categories and animals. This information is also being posted in the sale update section. We are anticipating closing out the Dispersal on August 31, 2019 with the highest offers being accepted. Animals will be sold FOB Dixon WY. We have worked with a couple of haulers in the past, shipping sheep to Iowa and Illinois, prices paid have been in the range of $ 50 to $ 100 per head depending on number and locations. We can help with this detail.
- The 24 brood ewe flock is being offered at $ 300 each if bought as complete group. Being flexible we have made a change today and are also pricing the ewes individually. See Dispersal-Inventory of Sale Ewes-Data and Pictures. Individual ewes can be selected by you, a discount of 10% off individual asking prices on a purchase of 3 or more. At cloesout date we will accept offers that maximize the combined sale value of all the ewes.
- Ewes are currently not bred, but if a confirmed buyer so states, we can put any one of our listed rams in with ewes prior to pickup.
- The three stud rams that we have used are being offered at the following prices; Knepp-1611 $ 700; Knepp PS-1723 $ 500; Knepp PS-1824 $ 500. All other rams are being offered at $ 400 each.
- Lamb pricing will be posted later today. See Dispersal-Lamb Inventory.
- As mentioned on our website, we like to combine Metrics with the visual viewpoint in our breeding program. The National Sheep Improvement Program is a background ingredient. We see technology playing an important role in the lamb production industry moving forward and believe committed youth to this part of industry is important. With that said, as a youth promotion we will give a 20 percent reduction in sale price to youth under 18 years of age and pay for the initial NSIP membership.
- call or text Don Knepp 847-846-6354
- or email at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to section Dispersal – August 2019 Overview on this site for sale information.
Here is a little bit of the back strategy and story of the flock.
We have a long history in Shropshires. Our first ewes were purchased in 1953. Now we are managing a breeding program with a goal of genetic convergence of the three primary Shropshire types that have evolved over the years.
Major changes in our operation were implemented in October 2016. We set up the Performance Shropshire Consortium to further our Purebred Commercial Ram program. Further information is available in this website.
With that change we have a new affiliated partner to run the program operation and have moved our Knepp-Lafollette operating base to Dixon, Wyoming. The breeding and ram testing base will be run by Jock Sheehan, who also will be building a ewe flock from our base at his Roaring Fork Sheep LLC operation.
Below are two rams that are part of our ewe flock’s genetic profile. First, the one representing Traditional/English bloodlines, Groverman 5517 “Grover I”, Great Grandsire of our Hiemke “Sport Pepper” ram. Next, the one representing Frame type bloodlines, CLSF 622 “Tommy”.
Our newest addition to the profile (below) is a ram that adds current Shropshire Wether type bloodlines, Cabaniss 117-12, (purchased with Adams Shropshires).
NSIP performance EBV’s are a factor in our selection matrix.
This all started in September 2012
Knepp–LaFollette: Walking Away From The Competitors…
The start of our Genetic Convergence project. With tremendous muscle and a unique pedigree, this Hiemke 12034 ram (“Sport Pepper”), and select Knepp ewes will be the first step in our five year plan towards a NSIP-oriented production Shropshire direction.
Member NSIP –
Managing Partner: Donald Knepp 128 Old Barrington Rd, North Barrington, Il 60010
email@example.com * cell 847-846-6354
Wyoming Operating Partner : Jock Sheehan, 568 CR 702, Dixon WY 82323
firstname.lastname@example.org * cell 970-629-3555
Kansas Breeding Partner * Matt Knepp Family, Lincolnville, KS 66858